Friday, July 31, 2009

Childrens Museum at Discovery Gateway

A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to the Childrens Museum and they had so much fun. There was this cute little house that had all of the big grownup toys only in little people size. Kylee would not leave, she loved it so much. She played with her cousin Abi in there for a long time serving their Grammy some yummy food they made:)


There was this water thingy(it was pretty cool) Austin wouldn't leave that, he was so wet.


They had this little store with cash registers and fake food. The kids had so much fun!!!!!!!!!



MAN OVERBOARD!!!!!

Kylee didn't mind sitting in the boat.


Upstairs was for the older ones, but the little ones enjoyed it too. There was a news set up with KSL 5 logo in the back. It had teleprompters with a story running so you could pretend to be a news anchor and a green screen where you could do the weather. Very real, and way cool. The pics didn't turn out so well of the green screen because you can't take very good pics of the monitors where it added the pics.




The coolest part for most of the kids was the lifeflight helicopter they had outside. You could get inside and be the pilot, and it made all of the appropriate sounds. Austin thought it was the coolest thing.


6 comments:

Tennant Family said...

That's so fun! We love the Discovery Gateway but haven't been there in awhile. I've been thinking about getting annual passes and this is certainly encouraging that decision!

Your kids are so cute! I love all the pictures!

Rachel Anderson said...

oh fun, I kinda wanna go, will you let me borrow your kids!

Stefanie said...

How fun! I remember the old children's museum very well. I'm happy to hear they kept the store!

Kelly said...

Hey Lisa, It's good to here from you. Yes she did dance but it was funny she kept looking ar the girls next to her and copying. It was funny. she loved it but she never smiled she was to busy watching the teacher and other kids:)Hope to see you at the reunion.

Zach and Sara said...

I've never been to this place. How sad is that? It looks so cool i'm not even sure if I can wait until I have kids old enough. If you go again call me! :)

Salazar Family said...

Im just now reading thing... I know, kinda late! But I also have never been and I have kids old enough... Im clearly a lame mom! But if you go again we'd love to join you!!!

Followers